Price: $750,000 ($6,465.52 price per acre)
Size: 116+/- Acres
County: Hamilton County , Texas
Location: Located approximately 11.5 miles south of Hico, Texas, on FM Highway 219, the Mountaintop Ranch is 2 hours southwest of Dallas, 1.5 hours southwest of Fort Worth, and 1.25 hours northwest of Waco. Physical address is 8907 FM 219, Hico, TX 76457.
Description: The name says it all. Mountaintop Ranch truly is “King of the Mountain” as this 116+/- acres encompasses a large portion of a mountain ridge known as Long Point. One of the highest elevation points in Hamilton County. The property has a remote, secluded feel, while offering breathtaking views as BIG as Texas. Four separate counties (Hamilton, Bosque, Erath, and Comanche) can be viewed from the ranch, as well as the towns of Hico (~11.5 miles north) and Hamilton (~12 miles to the southwest). Coupled with varied terrain, unique geologic features, good wildlife habitat, and a comfortable ranch home, the property is perfect for full time living or your retreat in the country.
Terrain: Ranging from elevations of approximately 1,212’ to 1,368’, the Mountaintop Ranch provides ~156’ of highly desirable elevation change. This topography adds unique character to the land and gives the property a significantly larger feel. It also offers a glimpse back in time as you can simply imagine those in history who sat here atop Long Point and watched the herds of buffalo, antelope, and deer graze the native prairies below. A large rock outcropping on the south part of the property overlooks a deep wooded canyon where rain water has spilled off the mountaintop for centuries, carving out an awesome rock rim and overhang. Roughly 80% of the property is heavily wooded with a mix of live oak, red oak, shin oak, elm, and cedar. The remaining 20% is open native pasture with deeper soils where wildlife food plots or improved grasses could be added if desired.
Improvements: On the mountaintop, you’ll be welcomed by an inviting 2,000 SF 3/2.5 ranch home with large porches and swimming pool, a 1,200 SF 2/1 guest house/studio, a small barn, and set of pipe cattle pens. These improvements were constructed between 2003 & 2005, are very functional, and appear to be in good condition. (Note: Square footages and construction dates are approximate.)
Fencing and Roads: The majority of perimeter and cross fencing is in excellent condition. Two small sections of old fence remain along portions of the north and east boundaries. The south boundary of the property fronts along FM Highway 219 for almost 1,600’. From there an automatic gate provides entry into the ranch along an improved all weather road that winds its way up the mountain for almost ½ a mile to the ranch house. There are also numerous interior trails that provide good travel through the property and lead to multiple lookout points.
Hunting & Wildlife: The ranch has not been hunted in years and is home to a wealth of wildlife including deer, turkey, hog, varmint, and dove. One Atascosa tower blind is in place and will convey with the property.
Water: Water is provided by an 800’ deep trinity aquifer water well. This well was drilled in 2002 and had a reported volume of 30 gpm. There’s also an old windmill well on the south part of the ranch near the entrance. It needs a little work and isn’t operable at this time, but still stands as a ranch staple and reminder of simpler times. There’s also one small pond providing surface water for livestock and wildlife.
Minerals: Minerals are negotiable.
Electricity: Hamilton County Electric Coop provides electrical service to the ranch.
School District: Hico Independent School District
Taxes: Property is ag-exempt and annual property taxes are estimated to be ~$3,900 for 2019.
Price: $750,000 ($6,465.52 per acre)
Contact: Bret Polk, 254-965-0349 mobile, email@example.com
Additional Acreage: An additional 76.30+/- acres could potentially be added to the east side of the ranch if a larger tract of land (~192.3 acres) is desired. Please contact agent for more details.