Happy Valley Ranch North
Price: $183,000 ($1525 price per acre)
Size: 120+/- Acres
County: Taylor County , Texas
Location: The Happy Valley Ranch North is located in the southwestern part of Taylor County approximately 30 miles southwest of Abilene, Texas, a few miles east of the community of Happy Valley. Approximately 2 hours 50 minutes west of Fort Worth, 2 hours 10 minutes east of Midland, and just under an hour north of San Angelo.
Directions: From Abilene head southwest on US-277 S for approximately 26 miles to the intersection of FM-1086 on left. Turn left and continue on FM-1086 for 4 miles to the gated ranch entrance on the right.
Description: Happy Vally Ranch North is the northeastern 120+/- acre portion of the Happy Valley Ranch (675+/- acres). This property features a great combination of heavily wooded acreage which consists of scattered oak, hackberry, cedar, and mesquite, and open pasture with some cultivation. It offers numerous potential building sites with electric utility on-site, rolling landscape with scenic views, reliable underground water source, and potential mineral ownership.
Wildlife & Hunting: The area is known for quality hunting and the property has only been lightly hunted over the last 3 years. Whitetail deer, turkey, hog, and varmint all call this area home, and dove are equally as plentiful. With some native sunflower food plots established the dove hunting could be lights out. Quail have been observed on the property and with minimal amounts of prickly pear this is an ideal ranch for working dogs.
Wildlife Habitat: Numerous perennial tree and shrub forms of woody stem browse are found throughout the ranch and include species such as hackberry, bumelia, agerita, and mesquite. Combined with beneficial forbs and native grasses, the property provides plentiful food sources and excellent cover. Some areas of cultivated land provide deeper soils and are perfect locations for establishing wildlife food plots.
Pastures & Grazing: Overall the pastures have a good stand of native grasses, and have not been overgrazed under current ownership. There’s a portion of two fields included on the southern part of the ranch that measure approximately 12 and 6 acres in size.
Water: There are water wells on the north and west neighboring properties. The owners have consulted with a local water well drilling contractor and it is believed that water wells could be successfully drilled if desired. The property currently has 1 stock pond that supplies water for livestock and wildlife.
Terrain: Approximately 75% of the ranch is heavily to moderately wooded with scattered oak elm, hackberry, cedar, and mesquite. The remaining 25% is primarily native pasture and cultivated land.
Fencing & Road Frontage: The east perimeter is fenced along FM 1086 and offers a good pipe cattle guard entrance and short stretch of improved gravel entry road. The north, west, and south boundaries are not fenced at this time.
Easements: An electric transmission line and pipeline easement cross the ranch from northeast to southwest and provide a clear means of travel across the property and sendero for hunting.
Minerals: Minerals are negotiable.
Electricity: Taylor Electric Cooperative provides electrical service to the ranch with existing lines in place along FM 1086.
School District: Winters ISD
Taxes: Property is ag-exempt.
Price: $183,000 ($1,525 per acre)
Click to view additional parcels available for purchase:
Happy Valley Ranch, 675+/- acres
Happy Valley Ranch West, 425+/- acres
Happy Valley Ranch South, 130+/- acres
Contacts: Bret Polk, 254-965-0349 mobile, firstname.lastname@example.org