JT Lake Pasture
Size: 187+/- Acres
County: Erath County , Texas
Location: Located in Erath County, Texas, 9+/- miles northwest of Stephenville, Texas, the “Cowboy Capital of the World”, near the community of Lingleville, the ranch is approximately 2 hours southwest of Dallas and 1 hour 30 minutes southwest of Ft. Worth. Physical address is 22507 W. FM 8, Dublin, TX 76446. Erath County.
Directions: From Dallas or Ft. Worth, take I-20 W through Weatherford, continuing 20 miles west to Exit 386 for US-281 Stephenville/Mineral Wells. Turn left and proceed south on US-281 for 26.3 miles to Stephenville and the intersection for FM-8/E Lingleville Rd. Turn right on FM-8/E Lingleville Rd and follow it through Stephenville and Lingleville for 13 miles to the gated entrance on the left.
Description: This superb 187+/- acres is the west portion of the 606+/- acre JT Ranch (http://hrcranch.com/ranches-for-sale-listing/jt-ranch/), encompassing the exquisite ranch headquarters and 28+/- acre lake. JT Lake Pasture is offered for those desiring the quality and comfort obtainable at JT Ranch, on a smaller quantity of acres.
Headquarters – Structural Improvements:
– 4,513 sf main ranch home with two bedrooms, four full baths, one half-bath, kitchen, breakfast area, dining room, living room, office, utility room, pantry, multiple closets, additional storage areas, a safe room, and two fireplaces. The home also provides an attached three-car garage and 1,622 sf of covered porches. These porches include an outdoor living/entertainment area with a fireplace for those cool fall nights and mist cooling system for the warm summer days. The interior finishes and appliances are all high quality and include hand scraped wood and ceramic tile flooring, granite counter tops, custom crown molding, built-in range, double oven, refrigerator, security, and intercom system. Rounding it all out, the landscaping is refined and picturesque with a variety of plantings, St. Augustine lawn, retaining walls, and irrigation system.
– 1,696 sf guest/pool house with 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, living room, kitchen, dining room, and 861 sf of covered porches.
– Heated swimming pool and spa with a large gravel finished concrete deck that ties into the main home and guest/pool house porches.
– 3,266 sf headquarters shop with 5 rollup doors, office, restroom, 465 sf of insulated housing for water system tanks and pumps, and an attached 16’x60’ covered concrete RV parking bay.
– 1,220 sf 4-stall horse barn equipped with enclosed tack/feed room, wash bay, and attached loafing pens.
– 7,220 sf equipment barn with 1220 sf enclosed shop space with rollup door and 6000 sf covered ranch equipment storage.
28+/- Acre Lake: JT Lake Pasture also features a 28+/- acre soil conservation lake. Perfect for water recreation of all types, enjoy your morning out on a boat chasing big bass and afternoon jet skiing, kayaking, or canoeing with family and friends. A concrete boat ramp and multi-level floating dock with boat slips are ready for your choice of water craft. The dock also offers a cleaning station on the main level and a large sitting area with water slide access on the upper deck. The lake’s surroundings are well maintained and even park-like near the headquarters. A great spot to sit in the shade under a big ol’ live oak and catch a cool breeze, or relax by the fire pit and watch the night sky fill up with stars.
Hay and Cattle: The ranch provides 12+/- acres of irrigated coastal, 40+/- acres of cultivation, and 7 cross-fenced pastures for rotational grazing of these rich productive soils.
Wildlife & Hunting: The JT Lake Pasture is home to whitetail deer, Rio Grande turkey, hog, and varmint. Seasonal dove hunting can be excellent in Erath County and the lake should prove to be a winter stop for a wide variety of duck and other water fowl.
Water Wells and Storage: There are 2 water wells total on the property. One irrigation well and one domestic use well that supplies water to headquarters. The water system has a large storage capacity with three 3,000 gallon storage tanks along with a filter and pressurization system. All are enlcosed in a spray foam insulated portion of the main shop.
Additional Surface Water: In addition to the lake, there are 2 stock ponds that serve as a primary water resource for livestock and wildlife.
Leases: Believed to be no active leases for hunting, grazing, and/or minerals on the property.
Easements: A large electric transmission line runs across the north end of the ranch.
Minerals: Owner is believed to own a sizeable portion of minerals and executive leasing rights. Minerals are negotiable.
Electricity: United Cooperative Services provides electrical service.
School District: Lingleville Independent School District.
Looking for a larger parcel of this land? Click to view the full 606+/- Acre JT Ranch listing.
Brandon Rutledge, Agent
Bret Polk, Agent
Blake Hortenstine, Broker
Hortenstine Ranch Company, LLC (Broker)
10711 Preston Rd, Suite 100
Dallas, TX 75230